When I'm looking for low impact cardio, swimming is my favorite work out.
I swim 1-3 times per week and I love how it makes me feel. Because swimming is a full body work out, 30 minutes in the pool can make me feel the same level of intensity as an hour on the treadmill.
For me water is very therapeutic, relaxing and a great way to start or end my day.
When I'm in the water, I do much more than swim laps, so I created a plus size workout video for you showing my swim routine.
Bur first let's talk about what's in my gym bag. A gym bag for a pool work out has to be stocked with very specific things. Watch the video to see what you need and why, followed by my full swim routine!
WATCH THE VIDEO
WHAT'S IN MY GYM BAG
- "Gym to Swim" Plus Size Workout Clothes: http://go.magik.ly/ml/7pym/
- Plus Size Chlorine Resistant Swimsuit: http://go.magik.ly/ml/7pym/
- Comfortable Water Shoes: http://amzn.to/2zHROOi
- Stretchy Lycra Swim Cap: http://amzn.to/2ilqjAV
- Goggles: http://amzn.to/2hAhZA1 (yup, they're kids goggles smh)
- Exfoliating Gloves: http://amzn.to/2AQTaon
- Shea Moisture Body Wash: http://amzn.to/2ikhirB
- Nivea In Shower Body Lotion: http://amzn.to/2julbO4
- Osea Face Moisturizer: http://amzn.to/2yJderc